Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access issues RRS feed

• Question

• If this is not the correct forum my apologies.

I have used the assistant on Windows 7, 32bit and all worked as expected. Now I am on a Windows 7, 64bit machine, ran the assistant against a MS-Access 2007 database (same database used on the 32bit machine) and get the following (which I have seen searching the web) where there are tables as shown in the second image and when attempting to upsize I get "Nothing to Process" which makes sense since there are not tables listed.

So my question is, any idea what might cause the assistant to not see the tables?

Environment

Windows 7 Home edition, SQL-Server 2012

Tables in the MS-Access database

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Edited by KareninstructorMVP Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:03 PM Added version of SQL-Server
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I only know SSMA for Oracle and here I have a 32 and a 64 bit Version of the tool; same with SSMS for Access? Which one have you started? One reason could be that the may required ACE data provider is installed (but that should cause an error..?)

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I only know SSMA for Oracle and here I have a 32 and a 64 bit Version of the tool; same with SSMS for Access? Which one have you started? One reason could be that the may required ACE data provider is installed (but that should cause an error..?)

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:12 PM
  • Thanks Olaf,

I download the 64bit provider mentioned in this post and now all works fine now. I saw this post before a while back but disregarded it because I had been running 32bit until two weeks ago.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:26 PM