none
BSOD Page File error during DP-WLK Verify driver support for Hot-Add CPU PCI.SYS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I am trying to complete the HCK certification tests for a fibre channel storage array. The test system is a Dell 620 with dual Xeon 2620 CPUs, 48GB of RAM, and 2012R2 Standard with all the latest patches and updates.

I have completed all the other tests besides the CPU Hot Add test which fails every time. It is a BSOD, with a  page fault error, blaming PCI.SYS.  I have checked to make sure each device has the latest drivers, there are no issues in device manager.  I have disabled some unused devices as a troubleshooting step.  I tried manually setting the page file size and not having the system do it to no avail.

The test will occasionally hang on the initial reboot and if I use idrac to soft boot the system, it comes back and the test proceeds to the IO portion where it crashes.  Storage side is fibre channel, 3 raid arrays with three LUNS each and I am using the MS MPIO driver.  Each drive is visible and passes the other tests.  I ran the memory test and it passed with no issues.  The DMP file didn't tell me much but its possible I am not interpreting the information properly. Happy to provide any information anyone needs, I am out of ideas. Thanks!

From BlueScreenView:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
    to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
    restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
    these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
    If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
    for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
    or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
    your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
    select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xffffd0002912200c, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8011aa14bdc,
    0x0000000000000000)

***  - Address 0x0000000000000000 base at 0x0000000000000000 DateStamp
    0x00000000

Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:28 PM