none
How can I use another control instead of Tab pages ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I'm working on CCF 2009 SP1 , I want to use Splitcontainer instead of tab pages. My customer wants to see their applications in only one screen not in tab so I have to customize it soon, but I didn't figure out it. ıs there anyone help me ?
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Arneca

I implemented this similar functionality in our system using CCF 2009 RTM.

I have seen in the CCF 2009 SP1 QFE release that MS released a desktop API that makes this type of work very easy.

My requirement was to be able to use different control sets to be able to manipulate the look and feel of the system. We used devexpress and implemented the outlook Navbar, TabControl and a normal stack panel all as hosting containers. This enabled nice skinning capabilities for us.

I can assist with some guidencelines with the way we implemented this capability. My implementation is slightly different to the new api's. My first suggestion will be to implement QFE to stay as closely alligend to the way MS implemented it.

One negative thing with the desktop api' is the lack of api documentation at the moment. (All I can suggest is Fiddler, this worked for me)

Let me know if you cannot implement QFE and need to follow a different route.

Kind Regards

Louis
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:20 AM
  • Hi Louis,

Thanks for your answer. But I have no idea about QFE as I said before my version is 2009 sp1 RTM not include QFE.

Actually , I'm trying to demonstrate two applications in one screen. Firstly, I tried to customize CcfTabControl class but it was not open source class. So I need to implement new approach. You mention about QFE, maybe you can help me how to download it or which way I have to follow to implement this approach.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

rahmi
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:24 AM
  • You could do this a couple of ways.   If you know how many pages you will be displaying, you could simply call AddPanel to add additional Panels.  Then in the configuration, you can configure the different pages to be on the panel of choice.   Handling a variable number of pages this way more like a substitute for tab pages is a bit more difficult.  To do this, modify the CCFPanel class in the HostedControlInterfaces project.   The Add function in this class makes the default deck control that displays a single page without a tab as well as the tab control when displaying multiple pages.   You can customize this class to use a different behavior instead of the tab control for displaying multiple pages, as desired.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:57 PM
  • Docs for the QFE are here...
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee712811.aspx

Mattb-MSFT
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:10 PM
  • Hi Jayme,

I tried to implement your method. But I couldn't do it. How can I make DeckControl default in CCFPanel Class. Could you share me some code pls ??

Thanks in advance

Best Regards 
    Rahmi
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:31 PM