Run apps Windows phone 8 on windows phone 7 devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I developed an app for windows phone 8, in which way the users on windows phone 7 can use my app?

What kind of modificantions I have to do?

I have to provide another xap?

Thanks,

Daniele.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:46 AM

Answers

• You can change the target in the properties of your project to 7.1. You lose functionality perhaps, but in that case you still create one XAP.

Another solution is to create a new project, targetted to 7.0 and recreate your app. Common used functionality can be put in Portable Class Library.

• Marked as answer by DanieleRM78 Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:50 AM
  • Hi,

I'm not aware of an SDK for WP7, but the Mobile Services are based on REST so you can query it from every platform who is able to work with it. A third party (experimental) SDK can be found on GitHub.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:10 PM

All replies

• You can change the target in the properties of your project to 7.1. You lose functionality perhaps, but in that case you still create one XAP.

Another solution is to create a new project, targetted to 7.0 and recreate your app. Common used functionality can be put in Portable Class Library.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:50 AM
  • Thanks for the answer,

for my app I used azure mobile service sdk.

Is there a version for windows phone 7?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Hi,

I'm not aware of an SDK for WP7, but the Mobile Services are based on REST so you can query it from every platform who is able to work with it. A third party (experimental) SDK can be found on GitHub.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:10 PM