How to move "Properties Window" menu item from View to View->Other Windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an isolated shell based application.  I would like to move the "Properties Window" menu item from the "View" menu to the "View -> Other Windows" menu.  Also, I would like to change the accelerator key from "F4" to "Alt+Enter" just like in Visual Studio.

I have tried to remove the menu item altogether by uncommenting in ApplicationCommands.vsct but the menu item is still displayed.

<Define name="No_PropertiesWindowCommand"/>

Regards,

-Martin

Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Jun Zh - MSFT Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, April 14, 2014 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have reproduce this issue. According to the MSDN document,

The .vsct file in an isolated shell UI project consists of a set of declarations of the form <Define name=No_Element> where Element is one of the set of standard Visual Studio shell UI menus and commands.

The declarations are interpreted by the isolated shell as follows:

• If a declaration is uncommented, that menu or command will be excluded from the isolated shell.

• If a declaration is commented, the menu or command will be included in the isolated shell.

However, editing the ApplicationCommands.vsct file can not move the properties window. It succeeds moving printing commands.

Sorry for my inexperience. I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

We will let you know if any progress is made.

Best regards,

Sunny

Monday, April 7, 2014 9:11 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

That's exactly the behavior I was expecting (for the Print command) and why I'm surprised I couldn't remove the "Property Window" command so I could redeclare it under Other Windows.

Thank you in advance for your support,

-Martin

Monday, April 7, 2014 12:11 PM
  • Hi,

From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Jun Zh - MSFT Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, April 14, 2014 5:44 AM
  • Ok thanks!  That is what I will do.

Regards,

-Martin

Monday, April 14, 2014 1:39 PM