none
Where to find the UWP enabled Kinect drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Where can I download manually the latest UWP drivers for Kinect? "Update Driver Software" does not work and I cannot find it on the MS Update Catalog website. Note that I live in the UK (perhaps the Windows Update driver is US only?).

Thank you.

Daniel

Friday, November 11, 2016 12:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

I ran into the same issue on my Desktop PC. However on my laptop the driver updated just fine. I made a backup of the drivers with help of DriverMax and was able to manually install them on the desktop.

Here's a copy of the drivers in a .zip file (availability depending on Filedropper):

http://www.filedropper.com/kinectx64drivers22161017001

Unzip the file -> Device Manager -> Kinect Sensor Devices -> WDF Kinect Sensor Interface 0 -> Update Driver Software... -> Browse my computer for driver software

BTW Use at your own risk.

kind regards,

Roland

• Proposed as answer by Roland Smeenk Saturday, November 12, 2016 4:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by ddelhaye Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:48 PM
    Saturday, November 12, 2016 2:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Where can I download manually the latest UWP drivers for Kinect? "Update Driver Software" does not work and I cannot find it on the MS Update Catalog website. Note that I live in the UK (perhaps the Windows Update driver is US only?).

Thank you.

Daniel

Same issue, interested in the latest drivers (France).

Math

Friday, November 11, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

I ran into the same issue on my Desktop PC. However on my laptop the driver updated just fine. I made a backup of the drivers with help of DriverMax and was able to manually install them on the desktop.

Here's a copy of the drivers in a .zip file (availability depending on Filedropper):

http://www.filedropper.com/kinectx64drivers22161017001

Unzip the file -> Device Manager -> Kinect Sensor Devices -> WDF Kinect Sensor Interface 0 -> Update Driver Software... -> Browse my computer for driver software

BTW Use at your own risk.

kind regards,

Roland

• Proposed as answer by Roland Smeenk Saturday, November 12, 2016 4:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by ddelhaye Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:48 PM
    Saturday, November 12, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Hi Roland,

Thank you so much! It worked!

Cheers,

Daniel

Saturday, November 12, 2016 3:46 PM
  • This is great ! Works perfectly, thank you so much !!!

Regards,

Mathieu

Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:16 PM
  • Hi Roland,

I have ran the driver on my Desktop PC, it worked well and thank you so much! But I have met another problem: when running this driver, the receiver's picture was shown as a mirror screen, in other words, the picture which the receiver accepted was opposite from the sender. Do you know is there any methods to solve this problem?

Thank you so much!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:59 AM