none
Can you export Small Basic projects as .exe files? RRS feed

• Question

• I want something that I can run because my computer is thinking that .smallbasic files are .sb files (and I just want to run it as an application because its simpler.
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 5:02 PM

Answers

• Yes, in the directory where the source (*.sb) is stored and after you have compiled it (run it from the SmallBasic interface) you will find an executable (*.exe) and some dlls (*.dll) in the same directory.  You can just run the exe directly.

You can also copy the exe (and required dlls) and run it on any PC that has .Net installed.  In addition to the exe you will also need to copy the SmallBasicLibrary.dll, and if you use an extension, then these dlls (again from the same directory) also need to be copied.

• Proposed as answer by AirWaves Sunday, March 6, 2011 9:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdevModerator Friday, March 11, 2011 9:05 PM
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 5:58 PM

All replies

• Yes, in the directory where the source (*.sb) is stored and after you have compiled it (run it from the SmallBasic interface) you will find an executable (*.exe) and some dlls (*.dll) in the same directory.  You can just run the exe directly.

You can also copy the exe (and required dlls) and run it on any PC that has .Net installed.  In addition to the exe you will also need to copy the SmallBasicLibrary.dll, and if you use an extension, then these dlls (again from the same directory) also need to be copied.

• Proposed as answer by AirWaves Sunday, March 6, 2011 9:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdevModerator Friday, March 11, 2011 9:05 PM
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 5:58 PM
  • Where is the directory where i find the .sb file?

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:20 PM
  • Hello and welcome to the forums TXProgrammer!

This is an old thread and you are probably best off starting a new one for your question, but that's OK. 

The SB file is your code. When you write a program in Small Basic, the .SB file is what you save.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:41 PM
    Answerer