none
How to do speech recognition with the Kinect SDK? RRS feed

• Question

• Please share the steps necessary to do speech recognition. I cannot extract it from the kinectaudiodemo.

I simply want a thread run to which I add some words. As soon as one of them is recognized a function is called that is given the name of the word. That should be all.

Eisenanstreicher

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:35 PM

Answers

• One would be try the Speech demo instead. That's bare bones like the Skeletal Viewer where the Audio demo is more like the Shape Game. It just recognizes red, green and blue then displays the words on the console.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:19 PM

All replies

• you should look at the Speech sample code
    Friday, February 24, 2012 8:43 PM
  • I suggest you look at the documentation under How To. If you installed the SDK then you have the documentation and if not it doesn't much matter. Speech Recognition is actually a seperate SDK with the only relevance of the Kinect SDK being the infrastructure needed to get the Speech Recognition SDK to use the microphone array on the Kinect.
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:23 AM
  • ah yes, as LilBudyWizer said, if you just want plain speech, install the Speech SDK (link in the Kinect SDK readme). If you want to use it via Kinect sensor, the Speech sample is a good reference starting point.
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:05 AM
  • you should look at the Speech sample code

I cannot extract it from the kinectaudiodemo.

Eisenanstreicher

Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:06 PM
  • I suggest you look at the documentation under How To. If you installed the SDK then you have the documentation and if not it doesn't much matter. Speech Recognition is actually a seperate SDK with the only relevance of the Kinect SDK being the infrastructure needed to get the Speech Recognition SDK to use the microphone array on the Kinect.

I added the mentioned libraries, and modified them to not show errors. But I get nothing out of it. Can you share code stripped to the very basic minimum necessary to accomplish what I want?

Eisenanstreicher

Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:07 PM
  • ah yes, as LilBudyWizer said, if you just want plain speech, install the Speech SDK (link in the Kinect SDK readme). If you want to use it via Kinect sensor, the Speech sample is a good reference starting point.

I added the mentioned libraries, and modified them to not show errors. But I get nothing out of it. Can you share code stripped to the very basic minimum necessary to accomplish what I want?

Eisenanstreicher

Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:10 PM
  • One would be try the Speech demo instead. That's bare bones like the Skeletal Viewer where the Audio demo is more like the Shape Game. It just recognizes red, green and blue then displays the words on the console.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:19 PM
  • Alright I found the speech demo and that's better. I also used the recordaudio demo. Question for that is here

Eisenanstreicher

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:04 PM
  • If you like richart post the c# version and if you like vb.net I can convert for you so you can understand it better.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:43 PM