none
Is my hckx file signed? No errors during signing, but file properties do not show any signatures RRS feed

• Question

• How can I tell if my .hckx submission file was signed? 

I imported my certificate to the local store on my HCK controller/Studio machine.  In HCK Studio I merged all of my results, clicked "create package", selected "use the certificate store", selected my certificate, gave the file a name and created the package.  The result is "Successfully packaged the product".  However when I right-click my hckx file and view the properties, there is no "Digital Signatures" tab.  So is the file signed? 

Sorry for the bad images.  I created them with mspaint and uploaded with IE, I don't know why they are bad, but I think you can see the important parts.

• Edited by Matt_FL Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:17 PM
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:32 PM Move to new forum (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:16 PM

Answers

• The signature is stored internally in the package rather than the package being signed as you were looking for.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Matt_FL Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:46 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:45 PM

All replies

• The signature is stored internally in the package rather than the package being signed as you were looking for.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Matt_FL Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:46 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Great, thanks!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:46 PM
  • Is there no way to check the signature.

After the described procedure above

If I try to submit the package via the dashboard and there it states that my package seems not signed .

So what's wrong. I tried to sbmit it from differnt computer with the same result.

Any help to solve that problem is appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, December 2, 2013 2:27 PM
  • On the FAQ site below

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg463054.aspx

they say:

"

How can I review my VeriSign certificate details in the .hckx package?

Change the extension to .zip, navigate to .zip\package\services\digital-signature\certificate, and open the file with a text editor.

"

So, now I can see that my certificate is in the package and it is signed. The upload site still states that my package isn't signed.

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks

Monday, December 2, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Did you check the box to use a certificate from your store when you create the package?  Are you sure the certificate that you're selecting is not expired and is the proper type?
    Monday, December 2, 2013 5:13 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.

Yes , I took it from store , the selection dialog appeared.

I am sure the cert is still valid .

When I look into the package it is a .cer-type. That seems right to me.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Meanwhile I tried to solve the problem myself with success. Finally the solution was, to grant the HCK Studio Admin rights (!), at least during the packaging and signing process. Apart from that I always did the the same things like the user guide recommends. I took the certificate from the cert-store when the selection dialog appeared. I am sure the cert is still valid . After all the HCK Studio application always states "Successfully packaged..". When started with normal rights (like the setup installed it) the resulting .hckx files cannot be uploaded for certification. So something goes wrong , but no error message or complain shows up. That's strange. Is there no consistency check during the packaging process? Meanwhile I completed the sbmission. Thank you.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:42 AM
  • I always run any application related to HCK as administrator.  I believe this might be in the instructions somewhere, it has been so long since I used it that I don't remember for sure.  But definitely always run HCK Studio as administrator.  Glad to hear that you found the solution. :) 
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 1:01 PM