Windows Store CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync() - error 0x801900cc

Question

• I have a Windows 8.1 app on the Store, but when I try to use the next piece of code for a new feature I want to add to my app

var listingInfo = await CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync();
    I receive an error which I don't exactly know what it means. I did catch the error though and I displayed it on a MessageDialog and then I took a print screen. This is the error:

Does anybody know what that means and how can I solve it ?
    I also mention that this works perfectly ok: (using the CurrentApp **Simulator**)

var listingInfo = await CurrentAppSimulator.LoadListingInformationAsync();

Friday, July 25, 2014 8:16 PM

Answers

• The app was already in the store. That was not the problem. After I added the products that can be bought within the app, the app no longer crashed. Apparently that was the problem. I though that it would work anyway and that I will ad the products after I see that everything is ok.
    • Marked as answer by ArchGabriel Monday, July 28, 2014 12:48 PM
    • Edited by ArchGabriel Monday, July 28, 2014 12:49 PM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 12:48 PM

All replies

• I have a Windows 8.1 app on the Store, but when I try to use the next piece of code for a new feature I want to add to my app
    var listingInfo = await CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync();
    I receive an error which I don't exactly know what it means. I did catch the error though and I displayed it on a MessageDialog and then I took a print screen. This is the error:

Does anybody know what that means and how can I solve it ?
    I also mention that this works perfectly ok: (using the CurrentApp **Simulator**)
    var listingInfo = await CurrentAppSimulator.LoadListingInformationAsync();

Friday, July 25, 2014 10:30 PM
  • Hi ArchGabriel,

You mean the CurrentAppSimulator works fine but CurrentApp doesn't ?

That is expected. Take a look at the documentation: CurrentAppSimulator class

Until the app has been listed in the Windows Store, the CurrentApp object won't work in the app. Use the CurrentAppSimulator  to test your app's licensing and in-app purchases while you develop your app. After you test your app and before you submit it to the Windows Store, replace the instances of CurrentAppSimulator with CurrentApp. Your app will fail certification if it uses CurrentAppSimulator.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, July 28, 2014 7:10 AM
  • The app was already in the store. That was not the problem. After I added the products that can be bought within the app, the app no longer crashed. Apparently that was the problem. I though that it would work anyway and that I will ad the products after I see that everything is ok.
    • Marked as answer by ArchGabriel Monday, July 28, 2014 12:48 PM
    • Edited by ArchGabriel Monday, July 28, 2014 12:49 PM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 12:48 PM