none
Getting User Information via JavaScript API for Office in App for Word 2013 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Aftab Ahmad,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

>>I am developing a Word 2013 App where I need the current user information as it is in the picture below<<

Did you mean that you want to get the current account who log in the Office? As far as I know, it is not supported at present version of apps for Office. If you want to apps for Office support this feature, I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 5:38 AM
  • Hi Aftab Ahmad,

>>Is it possible to get current Windows UserName in stead of or it is neither supported in this version?<<

As far as I konw, there is also no such function in JavaScript API for Office. And based on my understanding, it is hard to get it bacause the JavaScript is designed for Client and run in the web broswer, there is securty limitation to access the information of Operating system.

Also we couldn't use ActiveX control in apps for Office.

You can get more detail about frequently asked questions for developing apps for Office form link below:
    FAQ for developing apps for Office

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Aftab Ahmad,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

>>I am developing a Word 2013 App where I need the current user information as it is in the picture below<<

Did you mean that you want to get the current account who log in the Office? As far as I know, it is not supported at present version of apps for Office. If you want to apps for Office support this feature, I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 5:38 AM
  • Hi Fei,

Ok. I write this in the customer feedback :)

Is it possible to get current Windows UserName in stead of or it is neither supported in this version?

Regards.

Aftab Ahmad

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 4:34 PM
  • Hi Aftab Ahmad,

>>Is it possible to get current Windows UserName in stead of or it is neither supported in this version?<<

As far as I konw, there is also no such function in JavaScript API for Office. And based on my understanding, it is hard to get it bacause the JavaScript is designed for Client and run in the web broswer, there is securty limitation to access the information of Operating system.

Also we couldn't use ActiveX control in apps for Office.

You can get more detail about frequently asked questions for developing apps for Office form link below:
    FAQ for developing apps for Office

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:22 AM