orcas vsto -outlook addins uninstalling RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm creating Outlook Addins in Orcas VSTO I would like to know what is the easiest way to 'uninstall' the add-in when I'm done using it. My outlook toolbar is getting too cluttered with all the examples. I know how to edit the registry to clean it all up but I was hoping for some faster / easier way of doing this.

I haven't actually created or run any deployment packages for these Addins - I'm just writing the code then running it in visual studio (which automatically is entering the details into the Registry).

Thanks in advance,

T

Friday, August 10, 2007 10:12 PM

Answers

• In Orcas VSTO, when you do "Build->Clean Solution", we remove all the registry entries and office bindings. That should help you remove any clutter. You can also trigger it using msbuild command-line clean target.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nikhil

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:44 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

You can go to Tools ->Trust center. Click Add-ins, select your add-in and click Go button on the bottom. COM Add-ins dialog box shoud pop up. Select your addin from the list and click Remove.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Peter

Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:50 PM
  • In Orcas VSTO, when you do "Build->Clean Solution", we remove all the registry entries and office bindings. That should help you remove any clutter. You can also trigger it using msbuild command-line clean target.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nikhil

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:44 PM