none
How To Protect My Program From Crackers [VB.net] ? RRS feed

• Question

• I Created Program With VB.net Language, Its Working Offline And Also it is For Sale .
    But I Have One Problem : I Don't Want To Decompile SourceCode Of The Program !
    That's My Question : How To Protect My Program (.Exe) From Crackers ?

Note: I'm Used Most Of Obfuscators Programs (Like : .Net-Reacter , ConfuserEX , ...) For Obfuscate My Program But There Are Many Anti-Obfuscator To Decompile Programs Easy :(
    AnyOne Can Help Me With This Problem ?

Thursday, August 30, 2018 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi

The simple answer is: you can not provide 100% protection within the program code!

All you can do is to make it as difficult as possible for casual 'crackers' to circumvent.

Fully fledged protection is a very costly thing and would possibly involve dongles etc.

Regardless of what you do to protect, if a 'cracker' has as much or more determination than you, then it will be 'cracked'.

The best protection is to make the program very very good so that people will want to buy it (most people can't be bothered with either 'cracking' or looking for 'cracked' versions.) If you are lucky, then the number of legitimate  programs you sell will make the few 'cracked' copies insignificant.

You also have the 'version update' procedure to help identify illegal copies.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Thursday, August 30, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

C#/VB.net is very easy to be decompiled without a certain degree of confusion and encryption, especially for some commercial use of C#/VB.net software, because staring There are many people, and it is extremely easy to be broken. Use Dotfuscator to implement obfuscated code, variable name modification, string encryption and more.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 31, 2018 3:28 AM