none
does not update RRS feed

• Question

• hi!
     i don't know if i am posting at the right forum but i hope someone replies.
     my problem is like this:
    my program gathers all requests not sent (identified in the database by a unsentflag set to null). when the requests are sent to another program (which stores it as a file in a folder) the unsentflag will now be updated to Y. the problem is sometimes out of the ten requests 1 of them does not get updated. thus results in sending the same request which the other program rejects but it takes up space in the folder. how can i not do this?

Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:35 AM

Answers

• It appears that either the database needs normalization, to fix the missing flag, or the other program is not properly updating the DB when it receives the request. Either way you will need to examine the processing that creates the failure state in the first place and fix it...for your program is dutifily sending request that it reads as unsent, but the other program rejects it because it thinks it has been sent.

Long story short fix the true point of failure, either the db or the other program.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:19 AM