Error with form designer. Cant see the form for editing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had made one windows form application. I saved and opened it again, and came across the following error.

"The designer cannot process the code at line 67: Me.Label17 = New System.Windows.Forms.Label() The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.     Go to code  "

Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Arun Bohra,

Please share the code around the error message here for us to see. I suspect your code is modified by the unknown action and the designer code is corrupt. A simple solution for you is to create a new project, check the same designer code after you've dragged the same control "label" to it. Compare the two project designer code and use the right code to fill your project.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, April 25, 2014 9:53 AM
    Friday, April 18, 2014 7:19 AM