none
Why are Add-in's not supported on Shared Mailboxes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am interested in understanding whether there are any plans to allow add-ins to work with Shared Mailboxes.

Based on this user voice thread regarding the same topic: https://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-feature-requests-and-feedback/suggestions/11634318-support-for-shared-mailboxes the Office add-in team acknowledge the limitation (placing it into their backlog), but then have given no indication (for over 2.5+ years!) whether they ever plan to do this work.

The reason I ask is we are about to embark on developing an extension to work within Outlook and we will need it to work with Shared folders. If there is no intention to ever allow add-ins to work with the shared folders, we will be forced to develop an older style office plug-in which can work with Shared Folders.  This feels like a bad choice, but I cannot see what else I can do.

So to the questions:

1) Is there any intention of adding shared mailbox support for add-ins?

2) It seems like a "by design" limitation by the add-in team to disallow add-ins from working with shared mailboxes: can someone tell me why that choice was made so that I can understand the constraint better?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Simon.

Monday, February 11, 2019 9:58 PM