none
Bluetooth HFP testing in WEC13 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to test Bluetooth HF profile in WEC2013. The platform(board) on which I am testing the BT driver has no GSM calling facility. But I need to test this HFP on our custom board.  I am able to pair the headset and board, but not able to connect to HF profile through bthsettings.exe application. Since I don't have the calling facility I want to know is there any other mode for testing this profile.

Any one tested this HFP in WEC13(or WEC7)?? is there any application with which we can test the profile ?? 

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shan_k

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Shan_k,

There are Bluetooth tests in the CETK.  Have you tried those? If they are not enough then you can add your own as well.

Sincerely, IoTGirl

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Thanks a lot!

Can you please explain me how to test Hands Free Profile using CETK. Though I heard about CETK and performance related tests, I never use it. 

And what is meant by "If they are not enough then you can add your own as well." ?? You mean to say I need to add my own test utility or something ??

Thanks,

Shan_k.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:12 AM
  • Hi,

To get started with CKT follow the link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/gg154684.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/gg155101.aspx contains 'The Networking - Bluetooth, Modem, Wireless tests'. 

MSDN has details on the test prerequisites, how to setup, execute, verify, troubleshoot the test.

Regards,

sshekharsingh

Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:54 AM
  • Hi sshekarsingh,

I know these basic links. 

I am asking for HF profile testing in WinCE2013, not Bluetooth working or performance. I did not get any specific topic related to HFP there.

So if it is possible with CTK to test HFP profile!! or if you have tried it then let me know the procedure what you have did.

Thanks,

Shan_k

Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:22 AM
  • Hi Shan_k,

Unfortunately, there is no way to test HF profile with CTK.

If you will try HFP without phone functionality, you have to modify the network component of bluetooth audio gateway service.

Here is some useful links. (These are also valid on WEC7 / WEC2013.)

Audio Gateway Service (Windows Embedded CE 6.0)

Hands-Free Profile (Windows Embedded CE 6.0)

Audio Gateway Registry Settings (Compact 2013)

Then, you can test your device by PTS tool from Bluetooth Sig.

Regards,

nbkw

• Edited by nbkw Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:17 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your input nbkw, I need to go through the AG contents and will see if that makes my work!

Thanks,

Shan_k

Friday, May 22, 2015 6:46 AM
  • Hi Shashank,

Could you please let me know, if you got inputs from someone to test this.

Thanks,

Naresh.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 11:16 AM