none
is there there a link to what MOREi get if i buy visual studio 2015 PRO. Only could find price difference. of $45 a month over free version.

Question

• Is there anywhere a table showing what is NOT included in FREE version of Visual Studio 2015?  Compared to the other versions?

I would be using mainly for various Microsoft Office Products. I do have Visual Studio 2013.

Wanted to find out if extra $45 a month gets items of value to me.  Ditto on rest of versions.

Thought somewhere would be a table with columns, column 1 what you get with free version?

column 2 what you get with next more expensive version.   Up to Visual Studio Test for example.

Thanks

Mark J

Thursday, March 03, 2016 7:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mark J,

I'm afraid that there doesn't have such table as your descriptions. But please refer to the Compare Visual Studio 2015 offerings site which list all features in different version of Visual Studio 2015. You can know what do you get in the Visual Studio Professional 2015 and other features in other expensive version.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/compare-visual-studio-2015-products-vs.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 04, 2016 5:19 AM
  • Weiwei,

Thanks,

I do have a question that I could not find an answer on the page.

on the site compare visual 2015 products.   On the line "Supported Usage Scenarios" 

I noticed SOME rows, like the first row, each column had 4 boxes, sometimes the boxes were a solid black, other times, one or more boxes were "grayed out".

Noticed that occurred on other rows.  Is number of "black" boxes related to number of "CAL"s I get? Or something else?

Mark J

Mark J

Sunday, March 06, 2016 6:04 AM
  • Hi Mark J,

The 4 boxes in each column for each row means the feature is full supported or partly supported for different version of Visual Studio.

For example the first row, the Supported Usage Scenarios list six items which you can click the plus sign to expand the list. It will show every scenario supported or not in different version of Visual Studio.

According to the compare table, the Supported Usage Scenarios is full supported in Professional, Enterprise and Test Professional version, and partly supported in Community version. The part which is not supported in Community is one scenarios that Enterprise not supported in Community version.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, March 07, 2016 5:20 AM