none
Missing Suspended messages RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I was testing an application and the message was suspended due to some error in sftp adapter configuration. I tried to change the configuration and stopped and started the application. Now I cannot see the message that was suspended and neither the message was sent.How can I retrive the message back.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Friday, January 16, 2015 1:17 PM

Answers

• If you have enabled tracking - go to Admin console-- > Query for "Tracked Message Event" --> Locate the time when the message was suspended and extract the message from tracked db.

Or if you have enabled any custom componet which would have archived the message get it from the archived location.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by vdha Friday, January 16, 2015 2:51 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Hi, you might have lost the messages while stopping (full Stop option) the application. Only way to retrieve is from tracking if you have enabled the same or if you are doing any archive for the source messages.

Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:16 PM

All replies

• If you have enabled tracking - go to Admin console-- > Query for "Tracked Message Event" --> Locate the time when the message was suspended and extract the message from tracked db.

Or if you have enabled any custom componet which would have archived the message get it from the archived location.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Hi, you might have lost the messages while stopping (full Stop option) the application. Only way to retrieve is from tracking if you have enabled the same or if you are doing any archive for the source messages.

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:16 PM
  • There is no way you can loose the message until and unless you terminate it or the Process got completed .

So best option would be to check the destination SFTP location and the Orchestration process state in BizTalk admin console .

If your Orchestration is still in suspended state  you can easy see the message by clicking the suspended instance of your Orchestration.

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:21 PM
  • There is no orchestration. Its an application with just send and receive ports. I didnot terminate the instance, I did a full stop and started the application. I triple checked the send port but the message is not sent.

• Edited by vdha Friday, January 16, 2015 2:24 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Full Stop does this..

MSDN "This option disables all receive locations, stops and unenlists all orchestrations and send ports, and undeploys all policies in the application. Use this option when you want to completely undeploy an application. Note that any running instances that are still processing messages will not complete processing. For more information,"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa562048.aspx

Its also highlighted in the Full-Stop option when you click it..

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:27 PM
  • There is no orchestration. Its an application with just send and receive ports. I didnot terminate the instance, I did a full stop and started the application. I triple checked the send port but the message is not sent.

So when you do a Full stop it will automatically terminate your Application  instances . So better option would have been to stop send and receive location instead of full application stop

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:31 PM
  • If you did a Full Stop, the message has been Terminated and there is no way to resume it.

Depending on your Tracking settings, you may be able to save a version from some previous step.

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:33 PM
  • Full stop terminates the instances. Tracking is your only option.

• Edited by DPS Bali Friday, January 16, 2015 2:40 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 2:40 PM