none
Faltering keyboard input to screen out with Excel Taskpane app RRS feed

• Question

• I've only developed Excel Taskpane apps and so I'm unsure whether this bug is reflected elsewhere but I've noticed that keyboard input is often haphazardly transferred to my app. This happens continuously and is repeatable.
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Daz,

"...

keyboard input is often haphazardly transferred to my app", do you mean your app get input focus unexpectedly? or input focus change unexpectedly within your app?  I'm trying to address the scope of the issue.

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:56 AM
  • Yes, sorry, was unsure how to best articulate it.

Once my app has focus (i.e. the Taskpane) as I'm typing, some characters are 'recorded' and others disappear. I could, for example, type "Redmond" and - even though I'm certain I'm hitting all the keys - only "Remond" would appear. It happens consistently.

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:22 PM
  • I'm consulting the issue internally, please wait some time.

btw, do you have a touch pad? If so, try disable the touch pad and see if that stops the behavior.

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Per your suggestion, I tried it but it has no impact.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 4:19 PM
  • One other point.

I wrote simple mocking library for the JavaScript API for Office that renders to a regular browser. If I switch my app to the mocking library, there are no issues with this 'faltering' keyboard input.

Monday, October 29, 2012 9:42 PM
  • Do you run a Windows 8 OS? There're a few hardware driver released in late Sep and October.  You will want to go to PC vendor's website, and download these. Including graphics driver, network driver, touch pad driver etc.  Does that hit the issue?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:49 AM
  • No. 7.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:10 PM
  • OK. Do you have a reproduce steps with enough details? I cannot reproduce this issue till now.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:30 PM
  • Yes, I can repro it every time I try to type in a text box.

Given that you're unable to repro this, I shall try to create a basic taskpane and see when/how I can introduce the flaw.

The website is on azurewebsites.net. Could I send you the Taskpane XML file so that you may experience this for yourself?

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:48 PM
  • OK, Please send me the app manifest forrestg@microsoft . Make sure the website on azurewebsites.net is accessible.

thanks.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:04 AM
  • Is this issue still reproing?

Thanks

Program Manager, Office Developer Platform.

Friday, March 8, 2013 2:30 AM
  • It appears to have stopped occurring.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 8:43 PM