none
Unable to initiate On-premises Hyper V discovery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support Team, 

Good day to you. 

i'm in the midst to prepare  POC for azure migrate (On-premises Hyper V VM to Azure Cloud) . During the assessment phase, 
    i've setup azure migrate appliance, register appliance, setup Hyper V host credential and add Hyper V host . Howerver when i come to final stage to "Save & Start Discovery" . I got the error message indicated that " The operation failed due to internal error" 

Please advise how am i proceed further . 

Thanks. 

Monday, October 21, 2019 11:41 AM

All replies

• Did you try removing the Hyper-V host and re-adding it?

Troubleshooting guidance - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/migrate/troubleshooting-general 

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Please try the following steps: 

• Check if the host name is resolvable from the appliance? (Remote desktop into the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, and do an nslookup on HostName)
    • Check if the ping from the appliance to the host is working? (Remote desktop into to the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, and use “ping -4 HostName”)
    • Check if the port 902 on the host is open? (Remote desktop into the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, use Test-NetConnection HostName -port 902, and see if the TCP test succeeds)

You can add the ESXi host entry into the hosts file of Azure Migrate Appliance, and check if replication starts working.

Note: In the above steps, replace HostName with the ESXi host name to which the virtual machines belong.

If the issue still persists, let us know.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:11 AM