none
Windows 10 and VS15 - Unable to connect to the configured development web server error message

Question

• I just installed VS 15 on my new laptop and copied over my solution files. Unfortunately, when I try to start up a web page by pressing F5 or clicking the browser button in VS 15 I receive the following error:

Unable to connect to the configured development web server error message

I reinstalled IIS 10 but that did not fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

Sunday, December 11, 2016 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

According to your description that this issue could be caused by various reasons. I help you found a similar thread about this issue. You could refer to the comments from this case, which may be helpful for your issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19293572/how-to-solve-microsoft-visual-studio-vs-error-unable-to-connect-to-the-conf

Please feel free to let me know your latest results.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:53 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 8:36 AM
  • Hi Ken,

VS15 is a instable version, and VS2017 RC has been released, I suggest that you could use VS2017 RC to develop your project.

And here is the download link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Thanks Oscar,

I'll try both of your suggestions and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the link as well.

Have a great day :)

Ken

Friday, December 16, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Please feel free to let me know your latest results. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:42 AM
  • Thanks Oscar,

I downloaded and installed VS17 RC1 as you suggested and that fixed the problem.

Thank you for all of your help.

Happy holidays,

Ken

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:15 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:07 AM
  • Hi Ken,

Please remember to mark my reply as answer, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:09 AM