Created a SketchFlow project in Blend, ready to make "real" project - now what? RRS feed

• Question

• The title pretty much says it all.  Now that I have a prototype project created with SketchFlow, how do I move forward to create the real project?  It seems a waste to simply start from scratch: is there a way to convert a SketchFlow project into a "real" project?
    -- Joel Cochran - http://www.developingfor.net
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:18 PM

Answers

• It depends on where you want to go from here.

There are instructions in the help for how to get from where you are, to a basic navigation frame based app directly. All of the navigation behaviors you wired up should still work with this method. However, this is possibly not what you want.

If you simply want to re-use the controls you developed, you can just take the project with the name ending in "screens" and re-use it in another solution.  It is a control library and you can simply instantiate your controls as needed in other projects.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to post them.
    • Marked as answer by joelcochran Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:16 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:41 PM

All replies

• It depends on where you want to go from here.

There are instructions in the help for how to get from where you are, to a basic navigation frame based app directly. All of the navigation behaviors you wired up should still work with this method. However, this is possibly not what you want.

If you simply want to re-use the controls you developed, you can just take the project with the name ending in "screens" and re-use it in another solution.  It is a control library and you can simply instantiate your controls as needed in other projects.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to post them.
    • Marked as answer by joelcochran Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:16 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:41 PM
  • Chuck,

"Convert to production project" in the help docs was exactly what I wanted to try.  It seems a little labor intensive, kind of surprised there isn't a menu option or something to do this automatically.

Thanks!

-- Joel Cochran - http://www.developingfor.net
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:18 PM