performance counter registry hive is consistent RRS feed

• Question

• I try to install SQL 2008 Express Edition at Chinese Vista Business , but show the error message and can't continue to setup. Please help !

Thank you very much !
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Kenny,

What is the error message you are getting while installing SQL. Please post the error message or screenshot here and also SQL Server Language used.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:35 AM
  • Dear Vidhya Sagar,

Thank you for your reply !

My machine enviroment : Chinese Vista Business Edition
    SQL 2008 Express edition (English)

The error messages :

InstallGlobalRules: SQL Server 2008 Setup configuration checks for rules group 'InstallGlobalRules'

PerfMonCounterNotCorruptedCheck

Checks if existing performance counter registry hive is consistent.

The performance counter registry hive is corrupted. To continue, you must repair the performance counter registry hive. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300956.
    Checks 

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:19 AM
  • Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

The main problem in Windows Vista is by the conflict between products of different languages, this is a solution alternative. Found in http://harry-kimpel.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CAA619CB4C4D1B6C!262.entry

As written in Rafael's post, I copied the code snippet into the Forms1.cs file of a newly created Windows.Forms application. Below please find the code I used to evaluate it:

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Windows.Forms;
    using System.Globalization;

namespace WindowsApplication3
    {
        public partial class Form1 : Form
        {
            public Form1 ()
            {
                InitializeComponent ();
            }

private void Form1_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                string test = string.Format ("{0,3}", CultureInfo.InstalledUICulture.Parent.LCID.ToString ("X")).Replace (" ", "0");
                MessageBox.Show (test);
            }
        }
    }

The result told me to look at Perflib code "00A" in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\00A). I then copied both registry keys (Counter/Help) from "009" and re-run the system configuration check.

• Proposed as answer by PeFis Monday, April 9, 2012 6:20 AM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 11:16 PM
  • Hi Thanks, this really help me out of this. Many Thanks & Regards
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:35 AM
  • Thanks! This worked for me. I got the strange answer '7C14', so I added that to the registry and copied Counter and Help there. Finally I was able to install SQL server 2008 express on Win7 enterprise 64-bit Norwegian.
    • Edited by PeFis Monday, April 9, 2012 6:20 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 6:18 AM