Lenovo Thinkpad T410s - Tap / Touch Issues

Question

• I'm having trouble getting my Lenovo Thinkpad T410s to react to touch correctly in Windows 8. Touch works, in general for swiping and panning, but tapping on tiles or charms yields no result. The visual indication that a tap has been received occurs (water ripple effect), but the OS does not launch the command associated with the tap.

Changing pen / tablet settings in control panel seems to have no affect on the machine's behavior, but I could have missed something.

Has anyone gotten tap to work (successfully launch an application) in Windows 8 on the  Lenovo Thinkpad T410s?
    Monday, September 19, 2011 7:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• thefuNkpuNk, check your display settings.  This sounds like the response you get when the resolution is not 1024 x 768 or greater.  If the resolution is not that high and you cannot raise it higher than that, check to see what driver is installed.  I have had luck installing manufacturers Windows 7 graphic drivers. 
    Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:18 PM
  • I'm running it at the machine's native resolution (1440 x 900). Changing it to 1366x768 or 1024x768 has no affect.

You can see the problem here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD23KReHdgM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:36 PM
  • Hi,  i had the same problem on my Lenovo X201 Tablet. I solved it with the last W7 Tablet driver from Lenovo.

regards Steffen

Rgds
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:45 AM
  • Do you have a link to the driver that you used?
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:38 PM
  • thefuNkpuNk,

Here is link to Lenovo download site below.  There are different Thinkpad T410s so you need to select correct model that you have and download the latest drivers for touchscreen for Windows 7.  Let us know if the drivers was able to fix the issue or not.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:11 PM
    Answerer