none
Exception when accessing blob: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='<HostName>', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: "<URL>".

Question

• Hi all,

When I am using Azure SDK in Python for reading the blob properties using API "get_blob_properties" using BlockBlobService object. I see this error once in a while. When checked with the internet connectivity there was no network failure at that point of time. Any reasons for this exception?

I understand that internally it uses "request" which has timeout param configurable, but wanted to understand why the issue is seen randomly.

Note: This is linux based machine.

Thanks in Advance,

Harish

Thursday, October 6, 2016 10:12 AM

Answers

• All,

I found some reference for this issue, refer 

video in the link  https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/BUILD2011/SAC-961T/ (View from 18th minute), e2e latency is explained. In my case also, it seems that the server response in the e2e latency is less and client is taking more time, this could be because of insufficient resources including the network bandwidth at the client side.

This I was able to figure out from the logs that are received in the Azure blob when enabled logging.

Thanks,

Harish

Harish

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:42 PM
  • Thanks.
    Friday, October 7, 2016 5:05 AM
  • GetBlob;NetworkError;206 & GetBlob;ClientTimeoutError;206 errors seen randomnly when trying to download the file from Azure blob.

Note: These errors are retrieved from the Azure blob log files, on the code side it shows the exception as "HTTPSConnectionPool" error.

Environment: Python on Linux based base machine.

Thanks all in advance,

Harish

Friday, October 7, 2016 10:44 AM
  • All,

I found some reference for this issue, refer 

video in the link  https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/BUILD2011/SAC-961T/ (View from 18th minute), e2e latency is explained. In my case also, it seems that the server response in the e2e latency is less and client is taking more time, this could be because of insufficient resources including the network bandwidth at the client side.

This I was able to figure out from the logs that are received in the Azure blob when enabled logging.

Thanks,

Harish

Harish

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:28 AM