none
Is there a way to customize how Update model from Database wizard generates keys? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on an entity framework provider for IBM DB2.  As I understand it, unlike SQL Server, DB2 supports overloaded definitions for routines.  That is, routines can have the same identifier ( same schema name and routine name ) if the number or type of parameters is different.  I.e., the following definitions are supported:

TESTSP1(IN p1 INT, OUT p2 INT)

TESTSP2(IN P1 INT, IN p2 INT, OUT p3 INT)

Unfortunately, while the EDM can still be used to select objects for modeling and even show the overloaded routines in the object selection:

The Update model from database wizard fails to list the potential updates with error "An item with the same key has already been added"

even though the overloaded routine has not been added to the model in the EDM wizard, and is not defined in the edmx file.

I would like to find out if it's possible to customize the way this "key" is defined/created to avoid this error in an Update wizard, or, alternatively, somehow change the way Update wizard operates so that this "key" is not created for all objects found by Update wizard in the database, but only for those objects that are actually selected by the user in the Update wizard to be updated/deleted/inserted.

Thanks,

Alex

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:06 PM

All replies