none
Project Server 2007 - PSI import actuals RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We have programmed an import routine for importing Actual hours and Task custom fields from Axapta to EPM 2007 using Bizz-talk and the PSI.

1. We discovered that when Actual hours on a task are updated and at the same time we update a Task custom field value on the same task the project remains checked out. Can you confirm that these PSI calls cannot be run at the same time.

2. We also discovered that when multiple transactions for Actual hours on a task, (one transaction consist of Actual hours per day, per assignment) are imported then a 20 second pause is needed, otherwise not all Actuals are imported and Actual hours are missing. Can you confirm that these PSI calls for importing actual calls cannot be run without a pause.

For details, please have a look at the source code file that I will upload in a few minutes  (EPMwrapper.zip). This version of the code is already modified so that the situations above are ruled out.

Greetings,

Marcel Visscher

Marcel Visscher DBS Project
    Monday, November 8, 2010 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Marcel,

I don't know about the first question.

But for the second question, make sure that you have applied the latest service pack AND cumultative update for both client and server. There have been some some issues importing Actual Work through statusing using the PSI, that have been fixed in April 2010 CU and later.
    Also, keep in mind that you can group multiple transactions before saving/submitting them using PSI (the same way a user would enter multiple updates in the My Tasks grid before clicking the save and submite button).

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 3:24 PM