none
VBA code to update % Complete RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need to update the % Complete from one project to another. MS Project 2010 version.

Its not all the same lines and they are not necessarily word for word the same.

I was thinking of placing an ID or indicator in a text field then doing a map download into excel and then doing an upload into the other project looping through the IDs with indicators etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this VBA code might look like in MS Project - I could do it in Excel.

If possible I'd also like to be able to show if start or finish dates maybe durations had changed in the download.

If anyone has any better ideas for showing how to update these two its really appreciated - Ive tried external linkages but this places a sperate line item greyed out and does not update the % complete etc this still seems to have to be done manually.

Many thanks for your help

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:51 AM

All replies

• Galiana01,

It's a little unclear as to what you are trying to do. You say you have two Project files and you want to update percent complete from one file to the other? How are the two files related (i.e. why/how does the task status of one file have any bearing on the task status of the other file)?

And what exactly do you mean about wanting to show if start or finish and duration changed in the download. What download?

I'm afraid we need a clearer understanding of what you are trying to accomplish before we can be of much help. Keep in mind, you may understand exactly what you want but we are coming in to this cold.

John

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:20 PM