Maximum User Count and no of Test execution Visual Studio Load Test. RRS feed

• Question

• HI Friends,

I 'm facing one of the issue in visual studio load testing in that i have put the following settings.

Initial User Count - 0
    Maximum User Count - 3000
    Step duration (Second) - 1
    Step Ramp Time(Second) - 0
    Step User Count - 6

But when i run the load test, it is executing the Web Tests which is more then 3000.
    Important thing is suppose my total no of tests which are executing is 4500 so in that only 3000 are getting pass rest are failing(1500 are failing)
    I want to Limit the web test execution to to 3000....I don't know if there is any setting associate with this.

Another issue is when we start adding the User after some time, out of 4 web servers 1 web server's request/sec is increased from 100-200 to Lacks.

Component Used 

1) Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate 
    2) SQL Server 2008

Please let us know if any solution on this.

Regards,

Deepak

this is related to my college life

Friday, September 15, 2017 9:05 AM

All replies

• The "Maximum user count" sets the maximum number of virtual users that will execute your tests. If you want the maximum number of tests executed to be 3000 then set, in the "Run settings", "Use test iterations" to true and set "Test iterations" to 3000.

Check that the other parts of the stepping values in the scenario do what you want. With the value you quote, after one second of test execution there will be 6 virtual users each running a test cases. After two seconds there will be 12. After 3 seconds 18. After 10 seconds 60. Please find out how many simultaneous users the site is intended to handle and how many simultaneous users you want in this test. Then adjust the stepping values accordingly.

Regards

Adrian

• Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Monday, September 18, 2017 7:15 AM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 10:03 AM