Not able to successfully subscribe to and see the TargetApplicationChosen event fire from Windows Phone 8.1

Question

• Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

In my current experience, I am not able to successfully subscribe to and see the TargetApplicationChosen event fire from Windows Phone 8.1.

In Windows Store 8.1 (Tablet), it works fine.

Questions

• Is this event expected to fire in Window Phone 8.1 (Universal Apps, Not Silverlight 8.1) ?
    • Does this event depend on the target application to supply AppName?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Example Code Block

//From Page Contstructor or OnNavigatedTo Handler
                    _dataTransferManager = DataTransferManager.GetForCurrentView();
    _dataTransferManager.TargetApplicationChosen += DataTransferManagerOnTargetApplicationChosen;

private void DataTransferManagerOnTargetApplicationChosen(DataTransferManager sender, TargetApplicationChosenEventArgs args)
            {
             //fires in tablet but not phone
            }

Friday, December 05, 2014 11:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, December 16, 2014 1:39 AM
  • This is not an answer, Mr. Wong.  The link you referenced refers to the DataTransferManager class being supported only in Native apps, which includes Windows Phone 8.1 RT apps.  All aspects of the DataTransferManager work except for the TargetApplicationChosen event under a WP8.1 universal app.  This event does NOT fire in the Windows Phone 8.1 RT API implementation of DataTransferManager.

You need to reopen this thread and address the issue, please.  The lack of support for this event is problematic for some phone scenarios, most notably supporting NFC Tap and Share.

Mark Jones, Owner MJ App Factory

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:22 AM
  • Hello,

I've the same problem on windows phone 8.1 universal C# app.
    The TargetApplicationChosen event is fired on the first choose of an external app. On the second choose, it now is listet in "last used" section, the event is not fired anymore.

Without this event we can't mark down that something was shared to accept it later back and save it to the right place.

@MS: Please fix it.

Friday, April 24, 2015 1:01 PM