none
How do I install SQL Server 2008 R2 Express? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to install SQL Server 2008 R2 Express on a W7E Standard install. I'm probably missing a component, but I keep getting error 0x80005000 back from the installer.

Has anyone done this before / know how to install SQL on W7E?

Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:41 PM

All replies

• There is an application template available for the SQL Express 2008 - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/products/westandard/applications.mspx. download, import, and add the template to the answer file and it should pull in all the right packages.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Hello, I am new to Windows Embedded.  I am using WES2009.  I also want to install SQL Express 2008 to WES2009.  I wonder if there is any application template similar to this one for WES2009.

I already got the 'Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Prerequisites for Windows Embedded Standard 2009' in the 'August 2010 Feature Update', but it doesn't contain the SQL Server component.

Also, it requires Windows Installer 4.5, which I have no idea where I can find one.

Thank you.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:56 PM
  • WES2009 and WES7 are two different operating systems. For WES2009, now that you have the prerequisites installed, you will have to download and run the SQL 2008 installer seperatly..

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:14 PM