none
Custom Event Log RRS feed

• Question

• When installing a Windows service, the installation process automatically adds the app name into the registry as a "Source" for the Application event log.  I have not configured an event log installer with the project, but yet it automatically configures the event log.  Does anybody know how to suppress this from happening?  I then tried adding an eventloginstaller to configure the source as a custom event log.  When the project installs though I get an error message stating the source already exists.  

Thanks,

Don 

Monday, October 16, 2006 2:26 PM

All replies

• Why do you use EventLogInstaller separately?  Are you not happy with the one that ServiceInstaller automatically creates for you?   I don't see any property in ServiceInstaller nor a command line switch for InstallUtil.exe to prevent this from happening...
    Monday, October 16, 2006 2:52 PM
  • The event log ServiceInstaller automatically creates my app as a source to the application log.  I don't want the source registerd to this log, but rather to a custom event log.  I tried using the EventLogInstaller to override the automatic source registration, but this does not work as the source is already registered.  I am just trying to override this automatic registration so my app will be correctly registered to a custom event log.
    Monday, October 16, 2006 6:12 PM