none
Microsoft BizTalk 2009 Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When will the Microsoft BizTalk 2009 Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 0  will be available?

Regards

Puneet Jain
    Monday, May 11, 2009 11:12 AM

Answers

• As mentioned earlier,  the team is in the process of certifying the CRM adapter against Biztalk 2009 and this will be avbl in Q3-Calendar Year 09.

In the meantime, if you want, you can use the CRM adapter that is avbl for R2 using the following work around.

64 bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\3.0

32 bit machines: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\3.0

change ProductName =  "Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009" to ProductName =  "Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006"

If you don’t want to tweak the registry, you’ll have to wait for the officially certified CRM adapter.

Pls let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Murali

NOTE:
    1. Pls backup the registry before trying this. After the crm adapter is installed, you can revert the registry change.

2. This adapter has not been fully tested against 2009 and the workaround is not an official recommendation.  

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    • Marked as answer by Puneet Jain Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Puneet Jain Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:37 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:38 AM

All replies

• The CRM adapter will be certified for Biztalk 2009 by Q3-Calendar Year 09. Pls let us know if you're planning to use it for development/testing in the meantime.

Pls let us know if you've further questions.

Thanks,
    Murali

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    • Marked as answer by Puneet Jain Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Puneet Jain Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:28 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 11:46 AM
  • We are planning to use it for a solution, due to be released in June. I guess the adapters for CRM would not be officially released by then?
    Monday, May 11, 2009 1:57 PM
  • Hi Murali,

We are planning to use the adapter in the meantime. Can tell me from where can I download them?
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:29 AM
  • Hi Puneet,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I'll get back to you in a day or two.

Thanks,
    Murali
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:00 PM
  • As mentioned earlier,  the team is in the process of certifying the CRM adapter against Biztalk 2009 and this will be avbl in Q3-Calendar Year 09.

In the meantime, if you want, you can use the CRM adapter that is avbl for R2 using the following work around.

64 bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\3.0

32 bit machines: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\3.0

change ProductName =  "Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009" to ProductName =  "Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006"

If you don’t want to tweak the registry, you’ll have to wait for the officially certified CRM adapter.

Pls let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Murali

NOTE:
    1. Pls backup the registry before trying this. After the crm adapter is installed, you can revert the registry change.

2. This adapter has not been fully tested against 2009 and the workaround is not an official recommendation.  

• Marked as answer by Puneet Jain Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:31 AM
  • Thanks Murali. I have already installed the CRM adapter using the registry tweak however I am wondering if there would be a major revamp in the way adapter works in Biztalk server 2009, as was the case with SQL adapter?
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:21 PM
  • Puneet,

As of now there are no plans of "revamping" the CRM adapter.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:21 PM
  • Hello - I was wondering if there is an update as to the release date yet?  Do you have a more specific month in Q3 that you're leaning towards?

Thanks, Jason
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:58 PM
  • Any update on MS CRM Adapter for Biztalk 2009
    Friday, July 31, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Hi can some body tell me the month in Q3 when MS will release CRM 4.0 adapter
    Get more solutions in SQL Server, C#.Net 3.5/2.0/1.1, SharePoint -Mohammad Nizamuddin
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Puneet Jain Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:37 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:38 AM
  • Hi

Though the information on the Microsoft download site states that the Adapter supports BizTalk versions 2006 and 2009, we still have to tweak the registry to install the adapter for BizTalk 2009. Also I cannot find the registry path “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D38D5DCC-2B30-43b9-9C69-3BBFD0926986}” given in the documentation.

Are there any updates or hotfixes for this download?

Thanks

Ravi

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:19 PM