none
Suggestion pour Kinect --> Adjonction d'une détection de la pensée de la personne dans le champ de Kinect au moyen d'un transducteur à ultrasons RRS feed

• General discussion

• Lorsque nous pensons si nous ne bloquons pas simultanément notre respiration nous faisons passer suffisamment d'air sur les cordes vocales pour parler à voix basse. En effet lorsque nous pensons le fonctionnement des cordes vocales n'est pas inhibé.

Grâce à un dispositif à ultrason il est possible de récupérer la voix émise par la personne qui pense. En effet un ultrason à l'occasion de réflexion se trouve naturellement modulé en amplitude par les sons locaux qu'il rencontre.

Et donc il serait possible en adaptant judicieusement les paramètres d'adjoindre une dimension supplémentaire au périphérique Kinect (*).

Qu'en pensez-vous?

(*) Bien évidement il ne s'agit pas de réaliser un dispositif d'écoute à ultrasons semblable à ceux qui existent actuellement et qui permettent d'écouter les gens penser à plusieurs kilometres et meme à travers des murs de béton. (Les fameuses sources de certains médias, etc...)

• Edited by Help2010 Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:27 PM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:49 PM

All replies

• Heres a picture of the translation by google everyone so you can see what the person is saying:

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Friday, February 10, 2012 12:53 AM
  • I think its very experimental but unless you  are good with infrared or filtering noise levels from the microphone it will be very hard to do at a whisper. Also, the kinect for windows commerical kinect would be a good version for this because of its better nearmode capabilities.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Friday, February 10, 2012 12:56 AM
  • Even in french this doesn't make much sense. I don't believe that the components in a kinect are sufficient to the kind of thing he has described?

Clever, witty forum signature.

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:32 AM
  • I dont know maybe if he's a software architiect and really good at sound or equations for limiting static and other noises because i think more then likely the whisper wont be possible unless maybe with new kinect but I honestly cant dechiper what hes trying to do for giving him better help.

Maybe if you showed an equation OP it would help?

Friday, February 10, 2012 7:20 PM
  • This may seem very surprising but it is the truth.

Yes the vocal cords work and make sounds when we think and we do not block our breathing.

Yes, occasionally reflecting the instantaneous acoustic pressure of ultrasound and of voice are  linearly added (summit) at every moment.

Personally I would prefer that all this is false.

Friday, February 10, 2012 8:33 PM
  • In my opinion, even if there are a lot of problems to be solved, it seems quite realistic to hope interrestings results in the area of the order by the thought.
    Monday, February 13, 2012 8:43 PM
  • You need to block all other sounds and the kinect wont "read minds" but if you want it to catch a whisper you have to take out other disturbances or if this was a networking class it would be similar to cross talk but removing unwanted noise from the sound kinect catchs.  Does anyone know if a whisper voice capture is possible using kinect because the OP might get helped better if someone has a project for limiting noise in sound captures somewhere or a good equation.

• Edited by The Thinker Monday, February 13, 2012 10:27 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 10:27 PM
  • The process with ultrasonic sonar is extremely powerful when it comes to spy people at distance (several kilometers) including in their mind and through wall.

Some persons no just in the area of the media or the detectives works the kind of device.

It is better to be warned.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Actually i like to keep my mouth closed when thinking and breath part of the time lightly. To be honest I have a clean mind so not much to find in their and i only bring up an item from memory when the situation arises that i need it and i have keyword only triggered memory so even if you could read my mind i keep information locked up until i need it and so its useless to try and read my mind because i wouldn't say anything. I prefer to help people because if you help someone you could have inspired them to build the next spaceship.

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:17 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:10 PM
  • To capture the sounds made by the personn who thinks it is essential to use an ultrasound beam. A microphone is completely ineffective.No matter the mouth remains closed because an ultrasound beam of sufficiently eleved frequency spread in air or through human tissues like a laser beam in the air. And this is only at the opportunity of reflexion , for example on teeth or bones that it is modulated by the sound generated by the vocal cords.  To solv mathematically this progation problem it is possible to use the finite difference method on a computer. Also it must be added, that if these devices can listen at a great distance, the process is reversible and it can use to propagate such a voice at distance, and at the occasion of reflexion the voice occurs. It seems that this sort of device is used only for espionage and thats 's a shame because it could be usefully used by rescue workers on many occasions.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:42 PM
  • I dont think kinect has ultrasound beam but you can give a suggestion to the kinect team to add your beam type on future kinect hardware so your dream is a reality just show an article on the beam but you can only push things so far because certain hardware is not allowed in the united states or other countries so show us reasearch of something like the hardware your working on so we can know what your talking about.

P.S. you know if an article is declassified on the cia's website it would probably help you out if your looking for interesting articles for inspiration or archives for good reading material.

I personally was shown the cia factbook in my high school business class on cia's website which offers useful information on the website.

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:43 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:40 PM
  • This is only a suggestion for a future Kinect Box.

It is probably possible to give order trought key thoughts with an ultrasound beam and a voice recognition system.

I developp management applications and I find the Kinect Box very interresting like a new interface for my application.

About the listen system used an ultrasound beam which also allow to listen a person thinking when he don't stop her breathing:

You are free to think that this is a dream.

For me it's the reality.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:19 PM
  • Bonne chance, j'espere que vous reussirez.

Clever, witty forum signature.

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:44 AM
  • Merci, mais personnellement je ne me lance pas dans cette voie de travail.

Je n'en ai d'ailleurs ni le temps, ni les moyens.

J'attends que Microsoft Research le fasse éventuellement à ma place.

Mais je doute qu'il produise quelque chose également dans cette voie.

Je me contente de m'efforcer d'intégrer harmonieusement la Kinect Box à mes applications de gestion.

Friday, February 17, 2012 7:29 AM