Out of line object 'DataSource' -- but when re-saving table properties, no issues RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a PowerPivot workbook that's connecting to an Oracle database, then calculating a few measures. When I "test the connnection" in PowerPivot, it's fine. When I go to "Table Properties" and re-save, it seems to pull the dataset fine. But refreshing within Excel gives me, 

We couldn't refresh the table 'AthleticGPABlahBlah' from the connection 'Student_PLSQLBlahBlah'. Here's the error message we got: Out of line object 'DataSource', referring to ID(s) 'c6427542-blahblah', has been specified but not used. The following system error occurred: Unspecified error

My data types seem right, and I don't have any big dates. Is my workbook just corrupt? I'd love to not re-do it, so any tips to getting this fixed would be great!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Hensen,

You mentioned that you don't have any big dates but do you have any dates that are too small? What happens when you use the Table Properties to restrict dates to all be on or after 1/1/2000, for example?

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Monday, January 12, 2015 9:55 AM