Add a new field in the existing form RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I am working on a approval form which is attached to master page and i want to add a new date field to the existing form and facing trouble in adding date field, for this i copied the existing date field code in the same form and pasted it for the new date field with all the changes to the variables, but i couldn't able the date field. 

<td width="25%" class="ms-formlabel">

<SharePoint:FieldLabel runat="server" FieldName="Planned_x0020_End_x0020_Date" id="fieldLabel18"/>

</td>

<td width="75%" class="ms-formbody">

<SharePoint:FormField runat="server" id="formField18" FieldName="Planned_x0020_End_x0020_Date" ControlMode="Edit"/>

<SharePoint:FieldDescription runat="server" id="formDescription18" FieldName="Planned_x0020_End_x0020_Date" ControlMode="Edit"/>

</td>

Could you guide me here

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, March 14, 2011 7:00 AM master page = customization (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:56 AM

Answers

• Hey NewbieinSP,

Did you change the 'id="formField18"' tag to a new Form Field number?  If not then chances are there are now two formField18's and therefor SharePoint won't allow the new field.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:49 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Hey NewbieinSP,

And you also checked for the formDescription18 tag?  Remember, these tag numbers cannot be duplicates.  Also, check the properties on the tag, make sure the control mode is set to "Edit".

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hey NewbieinSP,

Did you change the 'id="formField18"' tag to a new Form Field number?  If not then chances are there are now two formField18's and therefor SharePoint won't allow the new field.

Thanks!

Tom

Monday, March 14, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Hey Tom,

I already did changes the 'id= formfield tag". but still no luck.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Hey NewbieinSP,

And you also checked for the formDescription18 tag?  Remember, these tag numbers cannot be duplicates.  Also, check the properties on the tag, make sure the control mode is set to "Edit".

Thanks!

Tom

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:39 PM