none
Customize Context Menu in Reading Pane (outlook 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to customize the right click menu of Outlook 2013. I want the user to see an extra option whenever he/she selects text in a mail body. The customization is working for new mail, reply, forward, etc. but I am unable to get a handle for the reading pane. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pratik

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Pratik,

>> But I am unable to get a handle for the reading pane

As far as I know, we could only customize the context menu for attachment item in Reading Pane. So I’m afraid customizing context menu for text selection in reading pane is not supported currently.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hello Pratik,

The Outlook extensibility model doesn't provide any trivial way for implementing such functionality.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:16 PM
  • You can read about the context menus in the Customizing Context Menus in Office 2010 article in MSDN. Also you may find the Extending the User Interface in Outlook 2010 article helpful.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Hi Pratik,

>> But I am unable to get a handle for the reading pane

As far as I know, we could only customize the context menu for attachment item in Reading Pane. So I’m afraid customizing context menu for text selection in reading pane is not supported currently.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:28 AM