VSTS - Test Case Execution Results RRS feed

• Question

• Running manual Test Cases and we're looking at trying to get information from the results.  There are two main reports we're trying to get information on:

Test Case results that shows Attachments and Bugs the results are associated with.

1. A report should show attachments and any snapshots created as part of the run
    2. For each test case report that shows

1. Test Case Title
    2. Run by
    3. Linked Defects
    4. Run Date

We've looked at several extensions but so far none meet what we need.  Currently looking at using the RestApi for a solution.

Wanted to know what solution if any others are using to get information from VSTS Test Case Results.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:24 PM

All replies

• When you create a Test Run,The result will be shown on run page.

Refer the below screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:05 AM
  • I think I wasn't clear as to needs:  the reason for the report with specific columns is that it needs to be sent out to others such as Project Managers and out clients needing to see details of the runs.  Also the information from Test Runs is not easily exportable onto another format such as Excel.  

I've already looked at this and will not work to meet needs above.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Have you looked at the Enhanced Export Pro extension: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=mskold.mskold-PRO-EnhancedExport

This extension essentially pulls all the data using REST APIs and makes it available to be transformed into the report you need. The extension also has few templates to get started, which you can customize further as per the format you want. 

Thanks
    Manoj

Friday, May 26, 2017 11:37 AM