none
[MS-ADTS] Creating group object RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

ADTS section 3.1.1.5.2.4 specifies....

In AD LDS, if a group object is being created (that is, an object containing the value group in its
    objectClass), and the groupType attribute is not specified, then the following value is assigned to
    groupType: GROUP_TYPE_ACCOUNT_GROUP | GROUP_TYPE_SECURITY_ENABLED.

But it is not specified what to do when it is AD DS.

[MS-DNSP] Section 3.1.3 specifies that an group object must be created. As groupType is systemMustAttribute, we are assuming that ADTS must specify how it should be initialized.

Thank you

Rajesh

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Rajesh:

When creating DnsAdmins group, the group type should be set to GROUP_TYPE_SECURITY_ENABLED | GROUP_TYPE_RESOURCE_GROUP.

A document bug has been filed and a future release of MS-DNSP will incorporate the resolution of this issue.

Thank you for helping us to improve the documentation.

Please let me know if it does not answer your question.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:31 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Rajesh:

I have alerted protcol documentation team about your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:49 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rajesh:

I'll help you with this issue and will be in touch as soon as I have an answer.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:11 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rajesh:

When creating DnsAdmins group, the group type should be set to GROUP_TYPE_SECURITY_ENABLED | GROUP_TYPE_RESOURCE_GROUP.

A document bug has been filed and a future release of MS-DNSP will incorporate the resolution of this issue.

Thank you for helping us to improve the documentation.

Please let me know if it does not answer your question.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:31 PM
    Owner