Does Widows Azure storage can be used as backend for CDN. RRS feed

• Question

• Does Widows Azure storage can be used as backend for CDN. I mean, does it support the "Last Modified Time" attribute.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Gangs

Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:23 PM

All replies

• hi Gangs,

Sure Azure supports CDN and have to be enabled in your subscription. I am not sure what you meant by backend for CDN.

kindly clarify or if it answers your question please mark the post as answered

-----------

Vishal Narayan Saxena http://twitter.com/vishalishere http://www.ogleogle.com/vishal/

• Proposed as answer by vishalishereMVP Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:54 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Gangs - MSFT Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:56 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:53 PM
  • Hi Vishal,

My question is more on how Azure storage works internally. Will it sort the data based on the Last modified Time attribute. Say for example, Storsimple disk has this feature of checking the last modified time and then moves the data to Azure as per the settings we place. Similar to that, does Azure storage keeps track of data based on the last modified time.

If you can share me your email ID, I can contact you with specific details.

-Gangs

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Gangs

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:59 AM
  • Hi,

Yes Azure storage keeps track of the Last-Modified date for both Table and Blob storage. You can use this information for "querying" storage (table or blob). Table storage is sorted by default on the combination of PartionKey and Rowkey and doesn't use the timestamp for this.  

Hope this helps.

Edward

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:59 AM