none
Team availability tracker RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to build a team availability report or tracker into my site.

I'll give some background - we have a team of about 50 people who all have "day jobs", and they are all part of an emergency responder team too. I need to be able to create some form of list view that gives me an indication of who is available for an emergency call out at any given time.

Linking to Outlook calendars isn't necessary, as I don't need to see all busy/free information - a team member will leave a meeting to attend a call out, so would therefore be available, but they wouldn't be able to respond if they we off sick or on holiday, for example. So, we just need to declare Available or Not available.

To save onerous work, I only want team members to have to declare "not available" - if they haven't, we'll assume they are available for call out.

Now, this would be really easy to do with a list, which I could query to see who wasn't available, but I'd rather a view that gave me a list of people who were available at a given time (based on team membership). This could be a planner view, calendar view, or a simple list.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create a custom list and with a choice field and a datetime field to make user select their status, time which is available.

Then we can filter the choice field to get the user available:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:49 AM