Can't sign in to my app's Sandbox on Xbox One in dev mode RRS feed

• Question

• - My dev account was accepted into the Xbox Live Creators Program.
    - I made a UWP app in my Dev Center Dashboard.
    - I enabled the Xbox Live service, and got a Sandbox ID.
    - I added my dev account and my personal account to the authorized Xbox Live test accounts.  I clicked the "Test" button to publish the changes.
    - On my Xbox One in dev mode, I changed the Sandbox to the app's Sandbox ID.  It restarted the Xbox.

When I try to sign in to either my dev account or personal account, I get the following error:

Use an account with access to this sandbox

Either the account or title can't use this sandbox. Change the sandbox in
        Settings > Console > Developer settings, or use a different account.

I can't even launch the app unless I'm signed in.  Am I missing any steps?

In the "XDKS.1" Sandbox, I'm able to sign in, deploy and launch the app, etc.  But within the app, I'm unable to sign into Xbox Live, and I'm assuming it's because I'm not in the app's Sandbox.
    Sunday, July 16, 2017 9:45 AM

Answers

• We figured out the issue and fixed it.  Thanks
    • Proposed as answer by Jason Sandlin Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by switchstyle Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:11 AM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hmm, that's odd.  It seems like you are doing all the right steps.  You should be able to change sandbox and then sign into the console with the accounts you authorized.  Can you email me cause we'll need get some more info from you.  Then I'll follow up with some folks internally who can debug

As for the XDKS.1 sandbox, that's a special sandbox designed to run our samples at https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-samples.  So your app won't be able to run in that sandbox, but you should be able to switch to the XDKS.1 sandbox, sign-in with your dev account and run one of the samples.  Does that work for you?

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:56 AM
  • Thank you very much!  I emailed you.

For the Xbox Live samples, in the Leaderboards sample I was able to run it and sign-in.  But in the Social sample it says "Error: User interaction required" and "Sandbox Id: Unknown" and I'm unable to sign-in.  I'm pretty sure I set them up the same way..

Just for kicks I tried running the 2 samples in my app's sandbox, and I was able to launch the Leaderboard sample despite not being signed-in to the Xbox Dev Home (I was unable to sign-in from inside the app, as expected).  But for the Social sample I wasn't able to launch it in the first place, without being signed-in to the Xbox Dev Home.
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:29 PM
  • We figured out the issue and fixed it.  Thanks
    • Proposed as answer by Jason Sandlin Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by switchstyle Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:11 AM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:04 AM
  • What was the solution?  I have an almost identical problem.  

As another data point, I have tried the "Configure Xbox Live in Unity" tutorial in the "Get started with the Xbox Live Creators Program" section and was successful up to the end where the instructions describe how to sign in with a real profile and test in the sandbox.  In other words, with an authorized test account, I cannot sign in on (1) an Xbox One in dev mode using my app's sandbox ID or (2) Windows 10 in developer mode set to the app's sandbox ID.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:20 PM
  • Seems that the I can now sign in to my app's sandbox on the Xbox One in developer mode.  I don't know what happened.  Maybe it was just time.
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:24 AM
  • PLease tell me what was the solution?

I have almost same issue.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:48 AM