none
Win Auto Update prompting to install V1.1 SP1 KB928366 RRS feed

• Question

• After going thru the process of uninstalling all of .Net and installing V3.5, I finally got it installed apparently. I ran the .net verifier and it said that 2., 3. and 3.5 were verfied.

Now I am getting msgs from the Win Automatic Update utility that I need to install .net V1.1 SP1 KB928366 for a security hole.

But in Add/REmove Programs this exact version is listed as being present.

Whats up?

Friday, March 13, 2009 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Randomcoolzip,

Could you please help me to use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to check whether .NET Framework 1.1 has been removed clearly? If it is not removed clearly, please try using .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove it and rebooting your machine.

Another possible cause of your issue can be the record of Windows Update. Did this situation happen even you have restarted your computer? If no, you can try to restart your PC to update the record of Windows Update.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, March 23, 2009 2:00 AM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 12:15 PM

All replies

• I forgot to mention that before I checked Add/Remove Progs that I would go ahead and attempt to run the update for this KB and it would fail. But it keeps on prompting me to install it again anyway.

Friday, March 13, 2009 7:27 PM
  • Hi Randomcoolzip,

Could you please help me to use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to check whether .NET Framework 1.1 has been removed clearly? If it is not removed clearly, please try using .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove it and rebooting your machine.

Another possible cause of your issue can be the record of Windows Update. Did this situation happen even you have restarted your computer? If no, you can try to restart your PC to update the record of Windows Update.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, March 23, 2009 2:00 AM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 12:15 PM