Error submitting app with Bing Maps & Visual C++ Runtime Package to Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've recently finished my app, and attempted to upload the packages to the Windows Store. Unfortunately upon uploading them, I received the following validation error:

Validation error:   Your app can declare dependencies only on versions of Windows component libraries that are available from the Windows Store. Check your app's dependencies and make sure that the MinVersion of each is less than or equal to a version that is available from the Windows Store.

To test what the problem was, I created a new app, and removed all the references until I found which caused the error. It came down to the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package" reference that Bing Maps needs.

I'm not sure how to proceed, is this a bug with the library? Until this is resolved, I cannot publish my app unfortunately, I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Note: I'm running Windows 8 RTM, and VS2012 RTM.

Thanks,

Tommy

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:56 AM

Answers

• Did you upgrade your VS from an older version by chance? If your VC libraries are out of date it would cause this. Try flattening the build machine and reinstall win8 and VS and double check that they are the correct versions.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:01 PM

All replies