none
Can WCF establish jobs RRS feed

• Question

• My WCF service can only host in IIS, can't host as windows service. So is there any way I can get data from some providers and save it in server. I need to do this job every day at same time.

Regards.

Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:17 PM

Answers

• You want to run a scheduled task at the same time every day so you need to develope a application that will run as an executable.  You could use input arguments so your current application will have more than one mode or develop a new application.  The application to download data can use your existing wcf service if required.  Just make sure the credentials of the service(s), application(s) and download data are properly configured.

jdweng

Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:40 AM

All replies

• On 5/18/2013 9:17 AM, renren321 wrote:

My WCF service can only host in IIS, can't host as windows service. So is there any way I can get data from some providers and save it in server. I need to do this job every day at same time.

Regards.

What are you talking about concerning some providers? Are you talking about some 3rd party vendors you have to get data from?

Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:36 AM
  • You want to run a scheduled task at the same time every day so you need to develope a application that will run as an executable.  You could use input arguments so your current application will have more than one mode or develop a new application.  The application to download data can use your existing wcf service if required.  Just make sure the credentials of the service(s), application(s) and download data are properly configured.

jdweng

Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:40 AM