none
No user.config files were found in any of the following locations:[blank]

Question

• The Title problem description brought me to an archived article "Synchronize settings button isn't working".

Whilst developing a new application I came across this problem from 2006. The above article is Archived (V) and there didn't appear to be a method to contribute to it. There seemed to be various references to the problem being reproducible on different platforms, but no definitive answer.

I can reproduce this problem using Visual Studio 2013 and later, there also appears to be a contributing factor not addressed in the article: Namely, the problem is reproducible (at least in C#) when leaving the AssemblyCompany field blank. Placing any string in the AssemblyCompany attribute corrected the problem (for me).

Also contributing may the fact that my corporate PC utilized has stringent security that doesn't allow much monkeying with system (and many user/application) folders.

Better late than never... MB

Monday, August 15, 2016 2:44 PM

All replies

• Hi MBocezk,

>>I can reproduce this problem using Visual Studio 2013 and later, there also appears to be a contributing factor not addressed in the article: Namely, the problem is reproducible (at least in C#) when leaving the AssemblyCompany field blank. Placing any string in the AssemblyCompany attribute corrected the problem (for me).

Thanks for your sharing this issue and your workaround here. Since this issue was reproducible and Microsoft also provide us a platform where we could post the issue there then they will fix it.

I suggest that you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them.

After that, please share the link here. I will help to vote it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:46 AM