none
Integrate our application with Microsoft Exchange Sever 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

As per the client requirement we are building a web based portal, now the requirement is that client wants to view, manage their mailbox as a part of the web portal, in exchange 2007 the topology was changed and Microsoft introduces the transport layers, now to achieve my requirement I has some idea but I am not clear can anybody suggest me the best way to do so.

As per my knowledge we can achieve the above requirement by running some agents on transport hubs, can anybody explain that which agents should I run on the exchange server and divert all the incoming mails to our database and show the emails to users from our database. is there any other best ways to do this.

Thanks in advance for your valuable support,

Regards,
    Phani Kumar .B
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Phani Kumar,

If the requirement is for the client to access their email as part of a Web portal, they will not want to use Transport Agents. Transport agents are useful for prcoessing e-mails at the transport layer. It would not likely be used for viewing e-mails. They will want to use the Exchange Web Services for viewing emails.

Here is some information on the Exchange Web Services:
  • the EWS Managed API download
  • an article that introduces the EWS Managed API
  • the EWS Managed API SDK
  • the Exchange Server SDK
  • Better yet, has the client evaluated Outlook Web Access (OWA)? OWA can be used as part of a portal. Check out Client Features in Outlook Web Access for more information. OWA could satisfy the view requirement. What do you mean by the client wants to "manage their mailbox."?

With regards,
    Michael Mainer

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK
Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:39 PM