none
NdisRegisterAdapter returned STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are working on our SDIO based WiFi driver on WEC2013 and following are observations.

I'm experience few issues with NdisRegisterAdapter.

#1. Driver Loads perfectly with clean registry and could able to associate with AP.

#2. Recycle power to target and then NdisRegisterAdapter always returns STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

#3. If I delete the .hv files from nand flash, then driver loads perfectly and acts as #1

Please help me what could be annoying things happening while connecting to AP, as per my knowledge native wifi gui will write few preferred network related entries on to registry which would be causing the issue.

Please help me on this. 

Thanks in Advance.

Srinivas Reddy. CH

Monday, September 26, 2016 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Srinivas,

I have not written a wifi driver but I have written others. When you say "Recycle power" are you actually doing a controlled shutdown? If your driver is power aware it should clean up its connections as it unloads.  Pulling power may leave the system in an unexpected state.

My recommendation is to step through your tear down code and see if anything is not being cleaned up when the power states change.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, October 6, 2016 11:01 PM
  • Also, dump the registry before and after successful loading of your driver. Then compare the two and one by one delete the registry settings to discover which one is causing the problems. Once you know what the offending registry setting is, you can prepare a more precise attack to solve the issue.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: https://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    NXP Proven Partner
    https://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.

Interested in WEC on i.MX6?
    Get the only 100% stable and best performing i.MX6 BSP for WEC7 and WEC2013 here: https://guruce.com/imx6

Friday, October 7, 2016 12:41 AM
  • Hi IoTGirl

Thanks for response.

Actually it is improper shutdown, and driver is not aware this.  So no chance of cleaning up the things.

Please share if you have any more inputs.

Srinivas Reddy. CH

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:45 AM
  • Hi Michel,

Thanks for response.

Actually I have validated the required registries for loading the driver and all good for working / non working case.

But Not done for whole OS registry, any specific region to check on this, any more suggestions?

Srinivas Reddy. CH

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:53 AM
  • Hi Srinivas,

If you want to plan for improper shutdown then your driver will have to implement a method to identify that it was not shutdown correctly and clean up the remnants when it launches.  Michel may have a better option but I think the easiest way to do this is to create a status item in the registry that your code is set to check on launch.  If it exists, you know the driver did not shut down correctly and you will have to clean up. If it doesn't exist, you have a clean launch situation.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, October 7, 2016 5:12 PM