Window Mobile (.NET) Mobile SafeGuard RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am doing a Mobile Safeguard application and with the current features.

-Backup sms & contacts via gprs/bluetooth

-Remote deletion sms & files

-Sim Card change detection

-Receive & implement polices

-Sending of mobile device information

-Detech GPS location & Cell ID

I will need some more suggestion on functions that i can add on and appreciate if there is relevant source codes or information to that function. Thanks!

*Function must be usefull and for safeguard purpose.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:07 AM

Answers

• Hi IOri,

Thank you for you post.

For you first question:

>> Backup sms & contacts via gprs/bluetooth

For backup sms, we can use MAPI, which need native code to do it. Compact framework and Mobile SDK doesn't provide the function to access and read sms or email folder. You can try to use the InTheHand Mobile in the hand library, which can access sms . But It is not free.

For how to use MAPI to backup sms, please click the link below:

Practical Use of MAPI

For backup contacts, SDK porvide Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook  , which include OutlookSession.Contacts property to access it, you can enumerate all the contacts and save it.

For your other questions, I suggest you divide it into several threads , where you can get better reply.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Friday, July 18, 2008 8:28 AM